Brief report on the Proto-Indo-European language revival presentation in Toulouse, in the ‘Forom des Langues et Cultures du Monde’
Just as Prof. Feraud, from the Russian stand in the Forum des Langues de Toulouse, describes the event yesterday, with the public reaction to the presentation of the Proto-Indo-European language revival project:
There was a good attendance to the Language Forum, maybe in the thousands. Some hundreds of leaflets have been distributed among visitors – see an example of 4 leaflets in A4 size.
We’ve got in touch with many language associations and groups with variable reactions:
- Complaints about the complexitiy of Proto-Indo-European declensions by some speakers of non-inflected languages.
- Polite and positive reception by most other stand representatives of European languages.
- Very good understanding of the bases of the project especially by the Indian and the Modern Hebrew ones, because of evident reasons.
- Future collaborations with another Language Association and a European institution of Toulouse are forseeable, thanks to the contacts made.
- AND, some critics also from the Esperanto stand: “the language for the European Union already exists, it is Esperanto…” 😕
Your Indo-European Language Team.